Book rewiew, or... My Secret

I read a book few months ago... It was a self-help book... About how you can improve your life if you just think positive and believe in yourself. It was a book that gave me much clearer wiew to this world we live in and to my life as a whole.

The point of the book is that you can make anything happen just by using the power of your thoughts. Something like magic, if you ask me. :) In case you were wondering, yes, it really works. Now, the part of the book which speaks about money says that we have this wrong rule encoded in our minds. The rule that says money is hard to earn, and we have to work really hard or work dishonest if we want loads of money. Most of us are taught that way ever since we are aware of our existance. Well, I still believe you have to try if you wish things to turn right for you, to earn good money doing good work. But.. I related all those encoded rules about money with encoded rules of love. Somehow, I got to personalize them.

My mother married my father shortly after she ended a 5 years long relationship so I guess she wasn't really crazily in love with him. Then later she went away and came back again. They got my brother and me, and she decided to dedicate herself to family. Wrong decision. She stayed married to a man she didn't love because she has children with him. She wanted her children to have a family. Now that I have a child, I can understand that. The story went on like this... She dedicated herself to her children, well, mostly to my brother because I loved to spend time with my granny, far away from my parents. My father was cheating on her. I don't really know the reason, but once he mentioned that she was the one who started it. If you ask me, doesn't matter who started it. So I remember my father always coming home late, drunk, my mother arguing with him... Later he was absent for four to five years because of that war thing that happened in our country. When he came back, things got even worse. He was out all day, drinking with his friends, comming home late, arguing with my mother. And my mother always stayed at home, drinking and waiting for him. Sometimes he even punched her and she was throwing things at him. It was a terrible sight to look at for eleven years old girl.. In all those nights, I used to wake up just to see if he came home and everything is fine. I'd sit and talk with my mother and I remember every sentence from those conversations, they were always the same. "Do you see what are men like? Cheaters, liars, bullys." "Be careful when the time comes for you to have a boyfriend. Don't make mistakes like I did." "Men are all the same, they only want to have sex and then leave you." "Love is a jar full of shit with a tiny layer of honey on top. When you eat the honey, you end up eating the shit." and many others. So how was I suposed to turn out after all this brain washing? I believed her, she's my mother, but I was always hoping that true, romantic love exists in this world. Unfortunately, my boyfriends alway proved my mom was right.

It's been more than a decade since I am trying to fight her theory, to manage to prove it wrong. So when I read this book, I realised that I just need to change my attitude. I just need to believe strong enough that love from my dreams really exists in this world and that it will happen to me. I did make some mistakes my parents made, like marrying because of a child. But I fixed that mistake first time my ex husband tried to hit me. I guess that means I learned something from my parents after all.

I don't balme my parents for anything. I guess they did what they felt was right for them and us at that time. I love them and I am grateful for the most beautiful present they ever gave me - my life. I know one thing for sure... My daughter will be a girl who believes love is beautiful, pure and true.

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RomanticsSideOfTheWorld

Comments