His Eyes


...Every time he asked "Do you love me?" I would wonder through my thoughts, look more through him than at him and say "I love your eyes, they are beautiful."

Of cousre he knew I don't love him. If I did, he wouldn't have to ask, he'd simply know that. But... I kinda liked spending time with him. He was funny, interesting... He cared, that was what I liked most. I don't know how would I call that what was going on between the two of us. Friends with benefits? Maybe, although I pretty much hate the expression. Anyway, that thing that was happening was going along just fine. And then, one warm summer night... You came back.

No, you didn't fly or drive a thousand miles as I sometimes dreamed you would. You just came back to my virtual, social networking world. And as I was looking at some pictures you posted, I came across one that really drew my attention. There was something special about it... Your eyes... I looked at them so long I forgot about the world around me. That look of yours, it was something magical... It was the first thing that caught my eye when I met you.

And all of a sudden, my heart skipped a beat, my palms got wet... My breathing became faster as I realised his eyes unbelievably resembled at yours. I got scared by the thought that only thing I really loved about him was just a tiny piece of you...

Comments