Dancing In The Rain


“You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me.”

― Bob Marley

Is this true or not? I often think about it. I love rain and I don't always use an umbrella to walk under. If it's raining lightly, I walk slowly in the rain and fully enjoy the feeling of raindrops falling on my face, like a dozen of kisses covering it. If it's rainig a bit harder I usually run in the rain. But if it pours really hard, I walk or run under my umbrella. Although, I do remember one year I danced barefoot in summer downpour. I was spinning with my arms open wide, eyes closed and face up to the sky. I loved that moment of pure joy and happiness.

I think it's the same when you love someone. You can handle walking or running in the light rain, but when the storm comes you need a guard. Isn't it sad that things can get so heavy you need an umbrella? And it can go like that few times, but then you just get tired of bad weather and never leave home. You spend days, months, years, even decades hiding from the storm hoping you will find that one person who will dance with you in the rain.


Comments

  1. Very beautiful, but not very like life, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I choose to believe that life can be like that! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment