Respect Or Love?

What is more important? To love someone or to respect someone? A friend told me that both of these have their advantages, but that nothing is worth if there is no "spark".



Well... I don't know if I agree on this one. I think there can be no love without respect. My opinion is that love alters through years. Some of you may disagree with it, but the truth is that everything alters - people, cuircumstances, world... So if the person you love alters in some way that you don't like you'll just turn around and walk away if you have no respect for them. But if there is respect for that person, for time spent with them, you'll have enough strength to stay and fight to make it through together. And in the end, if you have respect for yourself you'll treasure everything you have.

Bond between love and respect is unbreakable.

Comments

  1. I'm not sure...love will make you do everything for that person. It will surprise you, it will overwhelm you.

    Respect is a much more controlled, subdued emotion. Would it be to trivial to say that you need both? Maybe they are mutually exclusive.

    I'm thinking from the other person's perspective; if she loves me, I "have" her. I can't do no wrong. It's a selfish way to think, but if I could choose between being loved and being respected? It's a tough choice. My mind says one thing, but my heart is not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment